Quantifying the impact of design review methods on NPD

Survey results from 250 global engineering leaders

Trusted by the top marketers in the world
Google - Landingly X Webflow TemplateFacebook - Landingly X Webflow TemplateYouTube - Landingly X Webflow TemplatePinterest - Landingly X Webflow Template
Survey Completed by Global Surveyz

What’s in the report?

Key Findings

  • Late stage design errors are a significant driver of delayed product launches
  • Design review quality rated as the #1 most important factor impacting an engineering team’s ability to deliver projects on time
  • Most teams still struggle with 3 key gaps in their approach to design review


of feedback is never documented

What's slipping through the cracks?

Teams need better ways to document and track design feedback.

On average, engineering teams capture and resolve 57.2% of feedback generated during design reviews. The other 42.8% is lost, leading to product quality issues downstream.


Who we surveyed


  • United States
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Switzerland
  • The Netherlands


  • Consumer hardware
  • Heavy machinery
  • Industrial equipment/
  • Automotive

Job Seniority

  • VP Head
  • Director
  • Manager
  • C-suite

Watch the Webinar

Sign up to our waitlist for early access to our report on design review methods in product development. Instant access to our webinar with key insights from the survey is available upon registration. Watch a preview clip from the webinar below.

Access the full dataset

Discover how other engineering teams run their design reviews and what 250 technical leaders rated as the top areas for improvement.

Join the Waitlist


Deliver better products, faster.