When sharing CAD designs with other users, it is best to use a file type that is widely supported and commonly used. Some popular options for sharing CAD designs include:
- .dwg, which is the default file format for AutoCAD and is widely supported by other CAD programs.
- .dxf, which is an exchange format that allows users to share CAD data between different CAD programs.
- .sldprt and .sldasm, which are the default file formats for SolidWorks and are commonly used for sharing designs with other users.
- .f3d and .f3z, which are the default file formats for Fusion 360 and are commonly used for sharing designs with other users.
- .stl, which is a widely-used file format for 3D printing and is commonly used for sharing 3D designs with other users.
Ultimately, the best file type for sharing CAD designs will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the user, as well as the preferences and capabilities of the intended recipients of the design.