Today we pushed Release 0.6 of Gradient. This release focused on the continued development of our new sidebar application layout, and further file uploading improvements.
Major updates include:
- Moving of old sidebar on viewer page page to sub-sidebar that can be collapsed
- Visual improvements to issue comments, including addition of timestamps
- Addition of issue priority
Major bug fixes include:
- Uploading native CREO .prt and .asm files now works
- File uploading inefficiencies that were leading to application slowdowns
Below is a more detailed summary of the updates included in this release.
- The sidebar on the viewer page has been moved to a sub sidebar menu. The sub menu includes issues, create issue button, files, upload button, and share.
- On the viewer page, the issues list will open by default, but can be collapsed by click the left arrow in the side panel
- When another sub menu is opened (for example sharing), the collapse button will bring you back to the issue list. Clicking collapse once more will hide the panel
- We’ve implemented a cleaner commenting system that now includes date and time. Hover over the time stamp to get an exact date and time
- Text size has been decreased in order to display more comments on screen at a given time
- We’ve added an issue priority feature, that allows users to assign a priority level of Low, Medium or High to an issue
- This feature was part of a larger near term goal to improve issue tracking which includes the ability to assign due dates and attach multiple screenshots
- Currently issues can not be sorted by priority in the dashboard - this functionality will be rolled out in the next release
Our goals for next release include implementation of:
- Revision control for files. This feature is currently being tested
- New markup tools. Also currently being tested
- Desktop notifications to notify you of new activity even when your browser is minimized or closed
Monday, June 25, 2018